When done with expert care and consistency, Physiotherapy has many benefits for rehabilitation from an injury or chronic debilitating problem.
Some of the benefits you can stand to gain:
• Treatment of injuries sustained in motor vehicle accidents or sports, chronic spinal problems, and other orthopedic and musculo-skeletal conditions.
• Improved body circulation and resolution of neurological conditions.
• Return of range in motion in joints and enhanced strength in muscles.
Our physiotherapists are fully trained and certified, and are knowledgeable of the body with respect to movement, function, and whatever limitations are imposed thereon.
Chiropractic treatments help to restore your vitality and improve your health by diagnosing the structural and biomechanical problems at the root of your condition.
Our chiropractors can:
• Conduct thorough physical examination factoring in your medical history.
• Gauge your posture and ascertain abnormal joint motion, known as subluxation or complex joint fixation.
• Perform full orthopaedic testing.
• Carry out neurological testing as an accompaniment to comprehensive pain management.
The philosophy behind our chiropractic treatments addresses dysfunctions that normally lead to abnormal or harmful motion often accompanied with pain or discomfort.
Massage therapy perfectly complements any treatment to improve your mobility, while decreasing pain, soreness, and spasms, and motivates the body’s natural healing process.
This can be used to:
• Tackle the correction and rehabilitation of particular muscular dysfunctions.
• Offer comfort and relaxation while managing pain.
• Assist in the healing of specific injuries and trauma.
Our registered massage therapists use specific protocols in their techniques, often using deep tissue work – to help you feel better.
Prenatal massage shares many of the goals of regular massage ¬– to relax tense muscles, ease sore spots, improve circulation and mobility, and just make you feel good. But it's also tailored specifically to the needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies, and therapists who are trained in prenatal massage adjust their techniques accordingly.
Helps with swollen feet, low back pain, pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome and other pregnancy related issues.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage uses deep, slow strokes to reach deeper layers of muscle and fascia (the connective tissue surrounding muscles). It's used for chronic aches and pain and contracted areas such as a stiff neck and upper back, low back pain, leg muscle tightness, and sore shoulders.
Shiatsu (literally, "finger pressure") is an ancient technique from Japan. It combines gentle stretches with finger pressure to work on different pressure points. The idea is to fix imbalances in the flow of energy in your body. People who have had this massage report less stress and pain relief.
Shiatsu calms the nervous system, improves circulation, relieves stiff muscles, and alleviates stress.
Unlike other types of massage, you stay clothed during the treatment.
Best for: Ailments such as headaches, back pain, and lack of energy.
Thai massage works your entire body. It's one of the most invigorating types of massages, as the therapist rigorously manipulates your body, moving it into yoga-like stretches. (It's sometimes referred to as "Yoga for the lazy".) The therapist uses every part of his or her body—hands, knees, legs, and feet—to not only stretch you but also apply pressure on your muscles and loosen your joints. You might even get walked on! This type of massage is both energizing and, at times, relaxing. You need to wear loose clothing during the treatment.
Best for: Improving energy, increased flexibility, overall health and well-being
Sports massage is designed specifically for the very physically active (whether you're a professional athlete or not). It combines Swedish, Shiatsu, and other techniques to concentrate on the areas that are related to your sport. Athletes often get sports massages to prepare for peak performance, prevent injury, and also treat injury. Sports Injury Clinic, which offers several demonstration videos, says:
Hot Stone Massage
A wonderful massage using warm black basalt rocks that have been naturally smoothed. These rocks occur naturally at the base of volcanoes , in rivers that flow at the base of a volcano. Over time the rough edges of the rocks are smoothed by the water.
The rocks are heated to 95 degrees in a skillet filled with warm water. The stones maintain their temperature for a long time allowing for maximum effect.
The warm rocks stimulate blood flow and help to relax aching muscles as the deep heat melts away tension.
Aromatherapy massage is massage therapy but with highly concentrated plant oils, called essential oils, added to the massage oil or lotion.
The nostrils are attached to a part of the brain that controls emotions and influences the nervous system and hormones. When you inhale essential oil molecules, messages are transmitted to the limbic system and affect heart rate, stress level, blood pressure, breathing, memory, digestion, and the immune system.
Essential oils are also believed to be absorbed through the skin. Each essential oil has different healing properties. For example, some calm while others energize.
When you’re psychologically impacted by a rapid change in lifestyle, coping with an injury, suffering from pain, or dealing with any of their consequences, you need to seek help.
Initial assessments seek to help balance the course of treatment prescribed for you by focussing on your abilities to learn and complete your treatment. Assessments are then used towards a counselling plan that:
• Focusses on pain management techniques that improve your quality of life and alleviate any burdens to your mental and emotional health.
• Evaluates the techniques and strategies you use and should be using to cope with your home and work environments over the course of your treatment.
• Assesses your medication and suggest possible changes in terms of drugs and/or dosages, with communication with other health professionals treating you, including your doctor.
• Preserves your cognitive abilities and emotional health during your treatment, as well as address any modifications to your lifestyle.
Our psychologists are committed to help you deal and heal, by overcoming what affects you and return to a state of mind and quality of living that you’re happy being in.
Orthotics and Compression Stockings
Orthotics is a family of products that act as beds fitting into your shoes to help address the biomechanics involved in supporting your weight and keeping your feet comfortable.
• Orthotic Casting and Fitting services to tailor-design the right support system for your condition, custom-moulded from an impression of your foot or off-the-shelf fitted devices.
• Orthotic Supplies to help complement your daily activities and tasks by minimizing injury and pain.
You work with orthotists and therapists to get a full assessment along with impressions/measurements of your feet. The products that are recommended are generally included in private health insurance plans.
Losing time from work can be a highly stressful experience that compounds the actual pain and/or injury having occurred. Occupational therapists can help you return to a regular and functional life, both at work as well as at home, by:
• Evaluating your psychological abilities and strategies of coping with your living conditions.
• Assessing your environment and materials you habitually use to perform your functional tasks.
• Considering the support structures around you, including your family, friends, peers, and colleagues.
• Establishing your functional abilities and limits, from strength and balance to coordination.
The approach is to assist regaining and retaining the full range and scope of activities and abilities, using a combination of treatments and therapies as chosen by the occupational therapist.
This is a type of holistic treatment that dates back thousands of years and can help with alleviating symptoms from many common problems. By inserting thin needles at specific points of the body, our acupuncturists help restore any imbalances that are the root cause of your ailments.
Acupuncture can benefit a host of ailments:
• Muscle and joint pain
• Chronic pain
Talk to us to see if you can benefit from this modality of therapy for your specific problems.
Therapeutic bracing can help in optimal joint alignment and support an injured area, while at the same time, help limit the range of movement in unstable joints. Our specialists can help choose the right type of braces as well as fit it optimally.
It can help you with:
• Joint problems related to osteoarthritis
• Sports-related injuries
• Non-arthritic joint pain, imbalance and discomfort
• Other applicable injuries
With the high quality braces we use and the accurate measurements our specialists ensure they take, you can expect to see positive results from this type of therapy.
Conditions that put a serious damper on your motion, cognition, and physical potential can really prevent you from performing your job duties.
Our program features:
• The initial Clinical Assessment that involves the Functional Abilities Evaluation (FAE) will gather information on the physical limits on your abilities.
• Scrutinizing the features of your job and its requirements so that the treatment is catered in terms of duration and extent.
• Utilizing simulation of work activities along with exercises intended to improve your specific tolerances to your job duties.
• Employing supportive therapy to ease pain and manage discomfort that may arise from activities during the treatment.
Our Return to Work services helps to prepare you for and then ease you into your typical job functions with minimal impact or hardships.
Before any treatment commences, you are given a comprehensive Functional Abilities Evaluation (FAE). We do this so both us and you understand exactly what ails you.
In our Functional Abilities Evaluation, we:
• Evaluate all muscles, joints, and posture in an objective and standardized manner, factoring in your age and medical history.
• Measure your tolerance to carry out basis physical tasks such as standing, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling, squatting, and other actions that inform us about your range of motion.
• Assess your energy and endurance in regards to functional tasks.
Once this is done, we summarize the results and collate that with your medical history as applicable to your conditions. If applicable, we also:
• Measure your ability to perform physical tasks specific to your job and occupation.
• Perform a neurological assessment in the case of physical impairment or injury, and pain disorders that affect your cognitive abilities.
We also provide assessments for Assistive Devices, such as wheelchairs and mobility aids, through the Ministry of Health.
CALL 416.261.4440 To Let Us HELP YOU Get Better!